Setting up smart lights in the app
Bear in mind that the minimum system requirements for the Garden Lights app are Android 5 or iOS10.
You can either use the comprehensive manual including screenshots here, or follow the steps below.
For the app to work correctly, Bluetooth and location should be enabled on your phone and the lights should be powered on.
Creating an account
Using the app requires an account. You can easily create one by following the steps in the app. An internet connection is required when creating an account on your smartphone!
Creating a network
Create a network to which you'll subsequently use to link your smart products. To do this, create a new network or connect to an existing network. In either case, the lights should be connected to a lighting system that is connected to a power source. (The lights should be on)
Creating a new network:
Select 'new network'. Create a password consisting of four digits which you will have to enter twice. By creating a new network, the app automatically starts looking for smart products that are powered on and are set to factory settings. Successfully connected lights will start flashing.
Connecting to an existing network:
You can log in to an existing network by scanning the QR code of the other device. This QR code can be found at 'synchronise products'. You can also enter the network code of the existing network.
- Go to 'add product' and select 'connect' if you want to connect a smart light to the app. The app starts looking for available lights. lights that are successfully connected to the app will start to flash.
- Go to 'adjust product' to give a name to the products you connected. Select one of the standard names. A new screen pops up where you can change the name and save it.
- Did you add multiple lights and are you not sure which one you selected? As soon as the new screen pops up to change the name the selected light starts to flash. That is how you know which light's settings you are changing.
To control the products in your network they should be linked to a zone. If you are working with one light you can create one zone. Do you have multiple lights? Then you can either create multiple zones or assign all lights to a single zone.
1. Go to 'More' and select 'Add zone'.
2. This is where you can assign a name to the zone.
3. Subsequently, you can add products by selecting 'products'. Here, you can add the products by choosing 'select', which changes the text to selected.
4. Next, select 'save' to save the selected products, and, select 'save' again to save the zone.
Controlling a smart light when there is a single light in a single zone.
- As soon as you have connected the light to a zone, you can control it by navigating to 'zones'.
- There, you can turn the light on and off by swiping the slide button (to the left of the name of the zone).
- When the light is turned on, a grey bar is visible below the zone. You can dim the light by sliding the grey bar from left to right. The light dims when sliding the bar to the left, and brightness increases when sliding to the right.
- You can also set the colour of the light. When the light is turned on, a colour wheel is visible to the right of the on/off button. By tapping on it, a new screen pops up with a colour wheel. Choose the desired colour to set the light to that colour.
- You can also change the colour wheel. Below the big colour wheel, a small colour wheel is visible. By tapping on it you change colour wheel, allowing you to set the light from cool white to warm white and anything in between.
Controlling smart lights when multiple lights are assigned to a single zone.
- When multiple lights are connected to a single zone you can control all the lights at once and each light separately.
- You can control the entire zone by activating/deactivating the zone in the 'zones' overview, dimming the zone, or using the colour wheel as described above.
- Tap on the zone to activate the zone screen. This gives you another option where you can view all the connected lights and control each light separately. You can turn each light on/off, dim it, or change its colour.
Saving a scene
- After having chosen your preferred settings for the lights in the zone, you can save them as a scene. When in the zone screen you will find the green button 'save as scene' at the bottom. Tap it to save the zone's current settings as a scene.
- You can choose to create a new scene or to overwrite an existing scene. Name the scene and select 'save' (on Android devices 'enter' should be tapped first before saving a scene otherwise the name will not be saved).
- Subsequently, you can link this scene to a timer. At the desired time set by yourself, the lights will activate in the colours you set in the scene.
Setting a timer
Before setting a timer, a scene must be created first.
1. At 'Timers' you can set a timer by tapping the plus icon.
2. Here you can name the timer.
3. Select which scene you want to activate or deactivate by tapping 'scene' and selecting the desired scene.
4. At 'Starts on' select 'specific time' and at 'start time' enter the time you want to the lighting to turn on, and at 'end time' when it should turn off.
5. The next step is to select the days on which you would like to use the timer by selecting the desired days.
6. Save the scene by tapping 'save'.
To remove a timer open the timer screen, scroll down, and tap 'remove timer'.
You can set multiple timers simultaneously. For example, one that turns the lights on at 19:00 and off at 00:00, and another that activates at 7:00 in the morning and deactivates at 9:00.
Do you prefer a more in-depth guide with images? Follow the comprehensive manual including screenshots here.